Hey guys, here is a way you can secure your torrenting a bit more, and maybe speed it up a bit also by blocking malicious peers that will transmit junk data (anti-P2P groups) or peers that may be intrusive on your net privacy (and report you to ur ISP)... BTW I recommend (on recommendation of DblD) using Vuze over utorrent/bitorrent.
IPFiltering - An ipfilter list is a simple (but usually very large) list of addresses and ranges of malicious peers that will transmit junk data (i.e. anti-P2P) or peers that may be intrusive on your net privacy.
To setup IPFiltering here is an awesome guide created by TimeBandits . It contains all the essential info to get you started.
IPFiltering Guide - https://kickass.to/c...-utorrent-vuze/
originally found here - http://kickass.to/co...d-stick-it-man/
1. Download the filter list file - (latest 2015)
2. BItorrent / utorrent
* Drop ipfilter.dat into C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\utorrent... replacing file already in folder.
* For updating the ipfilter list in µTorrent:
1. Download the file to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\utorrent.
2. Open uTorrent
3. Click Options
4. Click Preferences
5. Click Advanced
6. Make sure ipfilter.enable = true
If ipfilter.enable was false you will have to restart uTorrent after changing it to true.
- for vuze, open prefernces, ip filters tab...
Just use the auto-load function (above) to load the .dat files with the blocklists in.