Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Old AppAddict App stuck on waiting...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Tey

Scott Tey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

HELP! I updated to the latest AppAddict and now there are two icons on my home screen. The new white one and the old green one which is greyed out and stuck on waiting... I have tried all methods and it's still there! I'm pulling my hair out right now. Can someone please be kind and tell me what to do please!

#2 Crackalicious

Crackalicious

Crackalicious

• Administrators
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAll around you :)

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear you're having some problems. the old appaddict (green one) will not work any more, hence why it says waiting.

Have you tried a hard reset? Push and hold the power and home button until the phone reboots to the apple logo then release. Let me know the results.

Have you tried deleting it from the home screen in the normal fashion, pushing the app until the x appears and pressing the x? let me know ;)

Also have you possibly tried loading the phone with an explorer, like itools or ifunbox or iexplorer) and removing the old one that way?

If these fail I will try and find out if there is another way of removing the old version.

Music is the cure to all problems

#3 Scott Tey

Scott Tey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:25 AM

I have tried all the methods you mentioned... no luck. The old app doesn't even show up on iFunBox.

This is really killing me right now. I hope I don't have to restore my phone for this.

PLEASE HELP!

#4 Scott Tey

Scott Tey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

I FINALLY found a fix.

I tried installing an older version of AppAddict through Cydia and the greyed out old green icon was replaced by the Cydia version. I could then delete it from the home screen.

I will definitely make sure to remove and reinstall updates through the website instead of the in-app update button in the future...

#5 Vladimir Putin

Vladimir Putin

Mr. President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

"I will definitely make sure to remove and reinstall updates through the website instead of the in-app update button in the future..."
no need to do that. there was a problem with in-app update in pre-4.2 version on devices running jailbroken iOS 8. We've even put a message about this situation in the app(which you probably ignored). In-app updates are working perfectly in 4.2 version

#6 Scott Tey

Scott Tey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

FYI, my iPhone 4 is jailbroken running iOS 7.0.4.

Also, after reading your reply, I stupidly went ahead and tapped on the update in-app for 4.2.1, and guess what, the same fvcking bug came up. So no, the in-app update function is not fvcking working perfectly.

I hope you're having a splendid day.

#7 Vladimir Putin

Vladimir Putin

Mr. President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

FYI, my iPhone 4 is jailbroken running iOS 7.0.4.

Also, after reading your reply, I stupidly went ahead and tapped on the update in-app for 4.2.1, and guess what, the same fvcking bug came up. So no, the in-app update function is not fvcking working perfectly.

I hope you're having a splendid day.

Sorry to hear you are still suffering from this bug. Will look into that problem on iOS 7.x devices for you.

#8 THE DUCHESS

THE DUCHESS

Admin

• Administrators
  • 81 posts
  • Location@DUCHESS_AA

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

@Scott Tey : sorry to hear you were having issues.  Good to hear your personal issue has been resolved.

Polite reminder and request

I please ask you to refrain from "swearing" in the forum, just out of respect and courtesy for other members who vary considerably in age - we aim to be a family-friendly site.

Thanks ever so much for your understanding.

aS2wZgI.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users