Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Broken iOS App Link

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chaser2001

Chaser2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

Just a quick note to let you know that the link to the iOS app page at the bottom of your main page is still redirecting to *****.

#2 CrackerJack

CrackerJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

That link works ok for me, you may need to clear your browser cache for the AppAddict page to load correctly.

#3 andry01k

andry01k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

how can i install Appaddict on my jb IPhone 6 ?????

#4 Chaser2001

Chaser2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

Thanks. I can access the page now, just can't install the app onto any device that is running iOS 8.1. 

#5 CrackerJack

CrackerJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

Unfortunately I can't try it as the iphone 6 is not compatible with the current version of AppAddict (v4) so I am waiting for v5 before I can try and install it...

Have you already installed AppSync Unified?

If you have not already done so, add the following repo to cydia http://cydia.angelxwind.net/

That is the repo of the original author of AppSync Unified, it's not some dodgey site.

Once you have added that repo, look for the AppSync Unififed package and install it, at the time of writing this post the current version is 5.2-1

Once installed, you may have to respring or reboot, just follow the on screen instructions, after it's all done please try and install AppAddict again and let us know how you get on.

#6 Chaser2001

Chaser2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have tried various versions of appsync - including appsync unified, but none have worked. All with reboots in between.The version on the angelxwind repo has actually been pulled now, but copies are available on other repos. I believe appsync from yangrepo is now the best one to install.

It might be a tweak or app (eg AppCake) that I've got installed which is causing the issues. But before removing everything I am curious to know if anyone has got Appaddict installed and running on either iPad 3 or iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1

#7 CrackerJack

CrackerJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:29 AM

Ok, thanks for the additional info, thats useful for others that might read this thread.

I have never heard of yangrepo, but a quick look at the debien leads me to think it's using the ppsync method.. but I can't be sure.

What I am sure of however, is the AppSync Unified from Karens repo has NOT been pulled, I just double checked a second ago and it's still there for download on the main repo at http://cydia.angelxwind.net/

Please note that this version of AppSync Unified uses a sort of copy protection, if you install it from any other repo other than Karens repo, (and a couple of others that she has approved for distro) then it will not work as the debian checks the identifier of the repo it was installed from before executing, if it didn't come from Karens repo or an approved repo, then it doesn't run.

I think she did this to prevent tampering with her code and to stop possible injection of virus code in to her appsync, so it's a good thing.

Personally I wouldn't use any other appsync but if you say you have tried it and it still doesn't work then I can't dispute that, I can't try it cause I have iphone 4 and iphone 6, can't install os 8 on iphone 4, and AppAddict 4 is not compatible with iphone 6 =((

I will see if I can borrow an ipad 4 and I will try and get AA running on that, I will post back my findings.

#8 Chaser2001

Chaser2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

With regards to Karens repo, I just noticed on another iPhone 5 that AppSync Unified is (as you rightly state) still available on her repo. Not sure why it's missing from my phone??? It's definitely not there, no matter how many times I try to refresh. I can only see 32 items under the Tweaks section, whereas the other phone shows 33 items. I'll try removing the repo (and the Beta Repo) and re-adding.

From what I understand, the YangRepo (http://yangrepo.googlecode.com/svn/) is the repo of Linus Yang, the core author if the software used by Karen. I don't think it's linked to the PPSync code in any way.

With regards to installing AppAddict, I get the popup stating that www.appaddict.org would like to install "AppAddict". When I hit Install, the popup disappears, but nothing else happens. The browser doesn't close (I think this used to happen previously), and nothing appears on the springboard.

Thanks for your assistance.

Edit: Ok. I've just found out that the AppCake (iphonecake) repo was interfering with the angelxwind repo. Having removed the AppCake repo, I can now see AppSync Unified in Karens repo. It hasn't made any difference, though!

#9 Chaser2001

Chaser2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Ok. Bit of an update. I still can't get the appaddict app to install directly from the appaddict.org site onto my iPhone 5 / iPad 3 running jailbroken iOS8.1. As above I get the install popup, but then nothing happens when I hit the install button. However, what I have been able to do is get the latest copy of the app installed on my iPhone 4 running jailbroken iOS7.1.2, and then been able to sync this app back to iTunes. From this position, I've then managed to sync the appaddict app back to my iPhone 5 & iPad 3, and it's now running on both devices :)

#10 Chaser2001

Chaser2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:13 AM

Updated to iOS8.1.1 with TaiG JB yesterday and everything now appears to be working as it should. Appaddict installs correctly from the web page, and as an added bonus, Safari and WiFi both appear to be more stable :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users