Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Our recent downtime - Explained

• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#1 iChr0niX

iChr0niX

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hey AppAddict Members :)                                                           

First of all let us start by apologising for the last  2-3  weeks of downtime.  It has been a horrendous and stressful few weeks for all involved.

Before we go into details, I'd also like to say welcome back :D  ..... AppAddict are here to stay forever (and we are not shutting down), despite the numerous lies you may have heard and read about us!

Before you read any further, I would like to make it clear that I have no wish to defame (put down) anybody

However, sadly, due to the position that AppAddict has been put in, due to the numerous, ongoing, lies that have been told by: several people (including trollers), and also the various rumours that have been spread, I feel that it is only fair that the TRUTH is told.

The background

As you guys may be aware, I (iChr0niX) founded AppAddict, and second on the team was our talented App developer, Zorro, followed later Freddy (now an ex member of AppAddict).

Some time ago, some of you may remember having read my previous post when Freddy had, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT, hosted AppAddict on a different domain (a .cc site).  It was also at that time, that he also locked me out of my own site: AppAddict.

I had hoped that agreement could be made, but sadly, it came to our attention that various "ontoward things" had been going on, which left AppAddict in the sad position that it was not viable for Freddy to continue with AppAddict. It was also brought to our attention that he was working on setting up a "rival" site.

Then you may also remember reading this (dated 22 September 2014): https://forum.appadd...re-please-read/     (copy below)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- BEGINNING OF COPY OF POST FROM 22 SEPTEMBER 2014 -

XrRy00O.jpg

- END OF COPY OF POST FROM 22 SEPTEMBER 2014 -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More recently

Since then, the following has happened (which has resulted in AppAddict's recent down-time):

Our ex-staff member (Freddy aka Dark Voider aka other aliases that he goes under) that I entrusted with everything to do with AppAddict STOLE:

1. AppAddict's forum

2. The ENTIRE CONTENTS of AppAddict's forum

3. AppAddict's member list

4. Our twitter accounts

all to utilise for his own rival site! .... a site that he has now claimed that he set up for the AppAddict demoted staff .........................  THIS IS NOT THE TRUTH!

He had already set up his site (the same site I referred to in my post of  22 September 2014 https://forum.appadd...re-please-read/) prior to any staff demotions on AppAddict (which took place in mid-October 2014).

Additionally, despite what certain ex-staff have been saying, the majority of AppAddict staff that were demoted were demoted (in MID-OCTOBER 2014) for  being inactive or sporadically inactive.             

Furthermore, regrettably 2 staff members (who I am not naming) were demoted for regularly manipulating the system to gain maximum exposure (and therefore downloads) for their apps.  I had received numerous, continuous complaints about certain members of staff doing this, and had given adequate warning in the staff area that I was aware of what was going on (having also evidenced it myself). I played things fair (as I like to do) and gave these particular staff members more than adequate opportunity (approx 1 year!) to stop their manipulation and monopolisation. Sadly, despite this, their behaviour continued and I continued to receive numerous complaints.  Therefore, sadly, I was left with no choice than to demote the individuals concerned. 

EVERY STAFF MEMBER THAT WAS DEMOTED WAS SENT AN INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL EMAIL WHICH EXPLAINED EXACTLY WHY THEY WERE DEMOTED.

On the main page of his site it was quoted that “Almost everyone from AA is moved here, including Crackers, Moderators and other trusted people”.

THIS IS NOT THE TRUTH!

They stole AppAddict's member list - they even transferred AppAddict's members on to their services without your consent or knowledge!

They have ex-staff from AppAddict

They have NONE of AppAddict’s ACTIVE crackers, and NONE of AppAddict's ACTIVE moderators.

All of these lies were just more tactics to further defame AppAddict and to try to gain your trust!

In the forum of his site he stated that “We are the successor of our old AppAddict website”.

THIS IS NOT THE TRUTH!

Before destroying AppAddict's services, he hacked in to the server and he then sent all of AppAddict's members an email (with false information inside it) claiming that it was sent from AppAddict.

That false email and its contents should be disregarded, as yet again, IT WAS NOT THE TRUTH!

I would advise you that any future emails from his service should also be treated with extreme caution.

PLEASE BE ASSURED THAT HIS SITE HAS NO RELATION TO APPADDICT WHATSOEVER!

You may remember that we tried to warn you of possible dangers of his site in the message that we posted up on a temporary AppAddict server, at the time that we were hacked, but our efforts to try to protect you were also attacked.  As a reminder, below is a copy of the message that we posted up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEGINNING OF COPY OF THE MESSAGE THAT WE POSTED UP  -

"We also wish to warn you of the potential danger that anyone faces when following their instructions to use their site/app. To use their site/app it requires you to install a ROOT CERTIFICATE which allows them to pretty much control your phone and even delete the entire contents of your phone, if they choose. I have pictured a copy of the certificate to show you exactly how dangerous installing this could be.

donottrust.png

As you can see, they could: 

1. Control your phone remotely ! 

2. Collect your personal data ! 

3. Add and remove accounts ! 

4. Add & remove restrictions of accounts ! 

5. List, install and manage apps on your idevice !

So I would like all our members to think very hard before having anything to do with the stolen site especially if you hold any personal details on your device eg: 

iTunes account details, any passwords, banking/bank card details, PayPal details, addresses, phone numbers, personal photos, text messages, etc. etc. 

If you have already linked your device/s to his site we would STRONGLY advise you keep your data safe and in your own hands and remove this "Device Management' profile from your device/s NOW! - He has stolen and leaked your personal information before whats to stop him doing it again but this time he has alot more personal information to hand with this profile on your device/s

BE WARNED THOUGH, on the forum they quote that “We respect your secuiry and privacy” ! 

BUT 

Remember as we previously warned you (https://forum.appadd...are-please-read ) the owner of the stolen site is the one that STOLE and PUBLISHED ALL of AppAddict’s member information, the site structure & coding and shared it across the World Wide Web. 

Would you seriously trust this person and/or his team to have remote access to your personal device? Please, for your own protection, think wisely

END OF COPY OF THE MESSAGE THAT WE POSTED UP  -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, it has been a difficult time for AppAddict and those involved. We have been working hard consistently around the clock to get AppAddict live again, so that we can continue to fulfil our service to you, and honour the agreements that we have made with our customers.

Not only have our services been crippled, but we were effectively "gagged".

Furthermore,STILL to-date, we here at AppAddict continue to be CONSISTENTLY LIED ABOUT and REGULARLY DEFAMED and attacked via the internet.

It is disappointing that this situation has been caused.

On a brighter note we are doing a mass give-away to show our appreciation for all our users. We will be giving 300 iSignCloud registrations away to the first 300 PREVIOUSLY registered users that come to the forum and post in THIS thread!

Please only post one message, and please bare in mind that posts may be moderated - thank you.

Not only that but we will be giving all users FREE AppAddict premium for 6 months - call it an early Christmas present.

(The premium has now been allocated to all accounts).

***The iSignCloud FREE registrations will all be registered FROM - Monday 10th November 2014  Monday 17th November 2014 (delayed 1 week due to extended downtime and securing of infrastructure) so get your comments in now to make sure you're in the first 300 ! ***

We want to say a special thank you to our loyal AppAddict members who have stuck with us and have shown us your support throughout this time ... your support IS appreciated and goes a long way :)

Kind Regards

The AppAddict Admin Team

https://www.appaddict.org

EDIT BY THE DUCHESS:

** IMPORTANT UPDATE RE THE 300 x FREE iSIGNCLOUD REGISTRATIONS **

Unfortunately there has been a delay in implementing these.  This is due to the fact that we have been on the receiving end of further incidents over a period of time, which have regrettably caused further crucial work to be undertaken, therefore causing this unavoidable delay.  We do sincerely apologise to all those waiting, but, naturally, we have not been able to control the actions of others.  We do hope that you understand, and please accept our sincere apologies.  We have not forgotten you!  :) **

** If your message does not appear immediately: do not worry - there is no need to post again:

ALL messages are time-stamped and will keep their original placement :)

NB:  Please do not post queries re support in this thread:

please post any questions re support / bugs in their respective threads - thank you

Also, please do not cut and paste iChr0niX's message! ... please leave a message of your own .... thanks  x

• dkbame, pisade, iANGELgr and 36 others like this

ichr0nixUserBar.gif

iChr0niX - Twitter

#AppAddictApp

iOS 15 UDiD Registration
iSignCloud - Install Cracked Apps on Non JailBroken Devices with AppAddict

iBetaCloud iOS 15 Downloads macOS 12 Download

Beta iOS 15 & macOS Monterey beta Downloads
The Internets #1 Place For All Your iOS & macOS Beta Needs - We Upload First Before Anywhere - Fact!

#2 Agru007

Agru007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

Welcome back guys. Don't let him f*ck with us again :)
Regarding the isigncloud giveaway, all I have to do is posting here? Cool

#3 Proximus85

Proximus85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

I am glad that you guys fixed everything and get back !

I want to apply for iSignCloud too.. thank you

#4 tml

tml

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:56 PM

Yay, Appaddict is back, waited for so long. Free iSigncloud <3 thanks

#5 Maniello

Maniello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:14 AM

I'm so glad the site is finally back! Keep up the great work guys!

#6 Endless77

Endless77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

Nice , welcome back , i missed your iSigncloud so much <3

#7 MaxMaven

MaxMaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

Finally! And thank you for a reasonable explanation of what happened :)

#8 phil01

phil01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

Appaddict is back ty

#9 jojoGPS_twitter

jojoGPS_twitter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationtwitterland

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

yes!! welcome back

www.twitter.com/jojoGPS

#10 kladnik

kladnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

Welcome back AA! Missed you!

• Adydeuce2001 likes this

#11 dwi

dwi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:59 AM

Ooo, free certificates! Welcome back guys!

#12 lordnick1993

lordnick1993

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:59 AM

I want also to apply for iSignCloud. Keep up the good work guys!  :)

#13 Nazagoth

Nazagoth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

Welcome back!!

#14 tarek93

tarek93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

Finally your back <3 aaand with free iSignCloud
GORGEOUS!!!

#15 BVGorp

BVGorp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Welcome Back :D

#16 YSDC

YSDC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

Great to have you guys back! And thanks for the explanation of what happened. I would love to get a free iSignCloud registration if possible! Thanks! <3

#17 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

Welcome back, guys!

#18 Baraka

Baraka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

Ahh no wonder i was completely confused like why am i getting this email from that other site and now i am here, thanks for the explanation on this. Welcome back yay :o

#19 maxypup14

maxypup14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

i want a free isigncloud to , thx very much! :) and welcome back! missed you so much thx for the great hard work you do for us all <33 :) love appaddict! :)

#20 heddiegomes

heddiegomes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

Is UDiD fully working? Welcome back guys and fellow AppAddicters!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users