Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Movie Box won't load movies - stuck on loading w/spinning circle

Moviebox movie box Support

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sookie

sookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

Is anyone else all of a sudden having problems with MovieBox today??? I'm using v3.02 on a JB iPad 4 w/ios 7.0.6. It used to work just fine for me. Today the only things I can get it to play are trailers. When I try to watch any movie or show, it just perpetually says "loading..." with that dreaded never ending spinning circle. I don't get it....??

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried deleting the plist file. I even tried installing it from a different repo, as well as installing MovieBox v2 and the same problem persists. I tried downloading instead of "watch now", and it put the movie in my queue but was downloading soooooooooop slowly that it was pretty much stuck at 0%

I did a speedtest from my iPad and that's DEFINATELY not the problem. I looked on twitter to see if anyone else was having problems, but didn't see anything... So frustrated as I cut the cord thanks to this app and now I can't get anything to work 😩

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is there an issue with Movie box servers? Anyone have any suggestions for me to try and troubleshoot this?

Much TIA!

#2 swagginet

swagginet

-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

Nope, it seems to be working perfectly fine on my iPad 3 and 4 it just might be your internet connection. Usually speed tests aren't always accurate they sometimes just mumble up a bunch of BS and give it to you to see. Just cause they have your ip address doesn't mean they're accurate. Here are some things you can do about it...:

Restart Springboard

Reboot Device

Air Hump It < if your pathetic you'll do that :D

or Reinstall your Moviebox App from AA

• MONGOLO likes this

#3 binay1

binay1

Elite member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

It works. I get that problem sometime when i try to watch in high quality.So, I watch in low quality and download the high quality.

#4 sookie

sookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

Nope, it seems to be working perfectly fine on my iPad 3 and 4 it just might be your internet connection. Usually speed tests aren't always accurate they sometimes just mumble up a bunch of BS and give it to you to see. Just cause they have your ip address doesn't mean they're accurate. Here are some things you can do about it...:

Restart Springboard

Reboot Device

Air Hump It < if your pathetic you'll do that :D

or Reinstall your Moviebox App from AA

LOL, well I'd already tried all of the above except for the Air Humping (guess I should have mentioned I'd resprung and even done a hard reboot w/o any luck.   I'd even tried it on multiple devices, and w/2 different ISPs (I got scared that maybe TWC was blocking them)  And yet today, w/o having made any changes at all, IT'S WORKING!!  WOOHOO!

It works. I get that problem sometime when i try to watch in high quality.So, I watch in low quality and download the high quality.

Yesterday I wasn't even able to watch anything in low quality (and certainly couldn't download the HQ), but thankfully today, for whatever reason, all is right with the world again as far as using MovieBox goes.  Phew!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moviebox, movie box, Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users