Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Mail, Calc & Weather Crash after AppAdict Update

mail calc calculator weather crash container sandbox

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iSteveO

iSteveO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hello,

I recently ran into an issue where a few of my stock apps began to crash out of nowhere after 4 months of AppSync, AppAddict & afc2add all working together properly.

When I tail the syslog i get an error relating to sandbox: hook execve for these 3 apps, and found a log called mobile_installation.log.0, which shows that the system doesn't know where to look for these 3 applications. All of the other apps that are symlinked in the mobile folder seem to be mapped perfectly and all of the ones listed below with a location (including Safari) work perfectly.

Can someone please tell me the file that specifies these var/mobile/Applications locations so that I can manually point to the folders in the mobile applications folder that are symlinked to the /Applications folder?

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything, but deleting AppSync & afc2add, then deleting the 2 cache files (com.apple.mobile.installation.plist, and com.apple.LaunchServices-054.csstore) then re-booting does not work.

Please help by clicking the spoiler below to see the pertinent section of this log so you can see what is happening.

Thank you!

Spoiler

#2 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • LocationValve Corporation

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

Add angelxwind's repo
Uninstall AppSync from our repo
Install Complete PPSync Remover from axw repo
Install AppSync Unified from axw repo and reboot

This should fix your problems, because the first package (the PPSync remover), fixes all the things that PPSync (the first AppSync that was out for iOS 7) screwed up (all the permissions and stuff like that). And AppSync unified is a newer version of AppSync than the one present on our repo currently.
  • iSteveO likes this

Such Admin! I toss in a few high quality cracks here and there.

Check out my github website: http://crackengine.github.io/
Wanna donate me some cryptocurrency?
BTC: 17qEMPD6oX9HLX4gmeWtgUWMmhPPcFXVj8

DOGE: DJQYzwQdGPQDzDh9VCUgpu1mkM6JG6V2Cf

NtWpjY2.png

#3 iSteveO

iSteveO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Add angelxwind's repo
Uninstall AppSync from our repo
Install Complete PPSync Remover from axw repo
Install AppSync Unified from axw repo and reboot

This should fix your problems, because the first package (the PPSync remover), fixes all the things that PPSync (the first AppSync that was out for iOS 7) screwed up (all the permissions and stuff like that). And AppSync unified is a newer version of AppSync than the one present on our repo currently.

Sadly, this didn't fix my issue, but I emailed angelxwind personally and she completely fixed everything for me over TeamViewer! I never wouldv'e gotten there without your repo suggestion, so I really appreciate it!

All fixed up now thanks to the generosity of angelxwind!!! a great girl!

Thank you again, you truly are my angel!

#4 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Hmmm, can you tell me what exactly did she (yes, she) do to fix your issue?

NtWpjY2.png

#5 iSteveO

iSteveO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Hmmm, can you tell me what exactly did she (yes, she) do to fix your issue?

This happened to my brother's device also, and I was able to fix it myself. All I did was zip copies of the affected applications from a working device and copy/extract them over top of the non-working apps on the crashing device (overwriting them). As long as you have an extra device running the same 32 or 64 bit iOS version, you can overwrite the crashing apps using the good ones to fix corrupted binaries or incorrect permissions.

What Karen did when she fixed my device was pretty much exactly this. She copied her iPhone 4 apps to my iPhone 5, then added the 4" images from my apps so they fit the screen properly. She also ran chown & chmod on a few files and directories, but this was unnecessary, since the permissions/ownership were not messed up. My problem only seemed to be corrupted app binaries. I don't know how in the world they were corrupted, but somehow they were. I guess it had to be related to AppSync or AFC2, but I still have not been able to nail down exactly what went wrong. It just happened out of the blue after not changing/installing/uninstalling anything for over a month.

I know this isn't very helpful, but I hope you get something out of it. Have a nice day!
  • DblD likes this

#6 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

This happened to my brother's device also, and I was able to fix it myself. All I did was zip copies of the affected applications from a working device and copy/extract them over top of the non-working apps on the crashing device (overwriting them). As long as you have an extra device running the same 32 or 64 bit iOS version, you can overwrite the crashing apps using the good ones to fix corrupted binaries or incorrect permissions.

What Karen did when she fixed my device was pretty much exactly this. She copied her iPhone 4 apps to my iPhone 5, then added the 4" images from my apps so they fit the screen properly. She also ran chown & chmod on a few files and directories, but this was unnecessary, since the permissions/ownership were not messed up. My problem only seemed to be corrupted app binaries. I don't know how in the world they were corrupted, but somehow they were. I guess it had to be related to AppSync or AFC2, but I still have not been able to nail down exactly what went wrong. It just happened out of the blue after not changing/installing/uninstalling anything for over a month.

I know this isn't very helpful, but I hope you get something out of it. Have a nice day!

It is pretty helpful if you ask me.
Thanks for sharing this.
I think that the crashing problem only happens if you use the ppsync or whatever they call it. Because it uses some weird methods instead of relying on MobileSubstrate.
The appsync on our repo and on Karen's repo are both based to use MobileSubstrate, so they should be safe.
If this happened with our or Karen's appsync, that is pretty weird...

NtWpjY2.png

#7 iSteveO

iSteveO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

It is pretty helpful if you ask me.
Thanks for sharing this.
I think that the crashing problem only happens if you use the ppsync or whatever they call it. Because it uses some weird methods instead of relying on MobileSubstrate.
The appsync on our repo and on Karen's repo are both based to use MobileSubstrate, so they should be safe.
If this happened with our or Karen's appsync, that is pretty weird...

No, this was caused by "AppSync for iOS 7+" prior to AppSync Unified being released. I can't remember which repo I got it from as it was so long ago, but it was either AA (your way old original iOS 7 version) or AppCake.

The write-up on Karen's website is actually based off of her help with my device. She asked if I minded her writing it up, and of course I didn't care. http://angelxwind.ne...psync-is-awful/

I didn't actually have PPSync installed but I assume it was some forked version of it. I'm still not 100% sure it was the root cause but I know replacing the apps/binaries fixed it.

If you have any other questions or would like any other info about it, I'd be glad to try to tell you what I can remember. It was a long time ago.

Have a nice day! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mail, calc, calculator, weather, crash, container, sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users