Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

NON-MODERATED APP FLOW PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE

apps fairness

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Should apps be moderated on AppAddict? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Should apps be moderated on AppAddict?

1. No - NOT Moderated (free flowing - apps go live quicker) (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Voted Yes - Moderated (slow flowing - apps go live slower) (6 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 wastenotthenwantnot

wastenotthenwantnot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

I decided to set up this thread in the hope that things can change on AppAddict, or at least some thought can be given to things changing.

I for one (plus loads of my mates) are really p'd off with batches and batches and batches of apps coming through at the same time - sometimes there are like 100+ coming through in one go :angry: , whilst the rest of the day is quiet. :(

When the batches and batches come through, my twitter whistle goes into overdrive and I just don't get the chance to look at pages and pages of stuff.

There may be really interesting apps on page 4, but in seriousness who actually has the time to sit and look through 4 pages worth.

Plus, when you look on the phone it is only the first 16 or so that are instantly seen in "New and Noteworthy" without clicking the "more" button   :(

I really hope you guys will read this and take a second to vote because I truely believe that AppAddict will benefit from a non-moderated app facility (for approved crackers* as suggested by DblD) ... there will be a much more regular flow of traffic to the site (like there seems to be to others) which will be beneficial for all.

So get voting please ;)

ps. If you do still want apps moderated, it would be interesting to know what your reasons are.

• Sonics and Crackalicious like this

#2 Crackalicious

Crackalicious

Crackalicious

• Administrators
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAll around you :)

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

I agree with you wastenotwantnot.

Apps should be allowed to flow freely, like the breeze through my bald head :rolleyes: LOL

• wastenotthenwantnot likes this

Music is the cure to all problems

#3 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • LocationValve Corporation

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

It can take up to 24 hours to moderate apps, and it is a lot less than that.

A lot of apps pile up because there there are several app mods in different shifts.

I honestly think that verified crackers shouldn't be moderated, and only the unverified ones should be.

• Kalenji, MONGOLO, kakarot1925 and 3 others like this

Such Admin! I toss in a few high quality cracks here and there.

Check out my github website: http://crackengine.github.io/
Wanna donate me some cryptocurrency?
BTC: 17qEMPD6oX9HLX4gmeWtgUWMmhPPcFXVj8

DOGE: DJQYzwQdGPQDzDh9VCUgpu1mkM6JG6V2Cf

NtWpjY2.png

#4 Crackalicious

Crackalicious

Crackalicious

• Administrators
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

It can take up to 24 hours to moderate apps, and it is a lot less than that.

A lot of apps pile up because there there are several app mods in different shifts.

I honestly think that verified crackers shouldn't be moderated, and only the unverified ones should be.

I see what your saying DBlD but I've seen certain people abuse the system dude!

BUT your suggestion is a really good one mate!

#5 The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

The BroOfTheCentury Inc.

Not so retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

I voted in the name of my whole team for NO.

The reasons are quite obvious, as you already mentioned them in your post wastenotthenwantnot.

Member since the 30th of May 2013.

} 3 years in the business.

Still living as of May 2016.

If you have any requests, doesn't matter if apps or cydia packages, talk to us!  :)

Any do(ge)nation to DPs6XHhSD978SHoE1yZ2BfeF6XASWVzEr8 is appreciated :)

#6 wastenotthenwantnot

wastenotthenwantnot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

@DBld ... I agree with you totally and understand your logic behind it :)

Plus, as you say ... a lot of apps pile up ... so if a non-moderated facility was allowed (for approved crackers), then this would:

1. stop so many apps piling up

2. lessen the amount of work moderators would have to do

3. keep a regular flow of traffic through AppAddict which would be beneficial to the site

etc

WIN WIN situation all round :)

• Crackalicious likes this

#7 wastenotthenwantnot

wastenotthenwantnot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

@TheBroOfTheCentury ..... thank you! :)

#8 Sonics

Sonics

AppAddict Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

I voted no, all the other sites do not have it so why does AA?

Posted Image

#9 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

I see what your saying DBlD but I've seen certain people abuse the system dude!

BUT your suggestion is a really good one mate!

No way to abuse the system currently (since Freddy made some changes)

• MONGOLO and Locophone-ICPDA like this

NtWpjY2.png

#10 Crackalicious

Crackalicious

Crackalicious

• Administrators
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

No way to abuse the system currently (since Freddy made some changes)

ok you say that but i can tell you now that it has been.

There has been many a time Ive seen apps that have been put on after mine have on another site, seen live here while mine are still in the queue.

And trust me this is not the 1st time by far!!!

#11 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

ok you say that but i can tell you now that it has been.

There has been many a time Ive seen apps that have been put on after mine have on another site, seen live here while mine are still in the queue.

And trust me this is not the 1st time by far!!!

So ur saying that someone found a way around freddy's system? Where it doesn't let u accept an app unless the first one in q was accepted?

NtWpjY2.png

#12 Crackalicious

Crackalicious

Crackalicious

• Administrators
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

No offence but it certainly seems that way but then I'm not an app mod and cant see the list completely.

But its not just that.

I've seen certain people deliberately put their apps on last so they end up on the front page, sometime all day before other mods get on to put apps through, therefore gathering loads of exposure, therefore shoving others member s app so far down the list they get very little exposure!

Your suggestion of 'verified crackers' apps not being modded would put a stop to this blatent monopolisation and like wastenotthenwantnot said would also ease the work load for app mods.

• MONGOLO and wastenotthenwantnot like this

#13 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

No offence but it certainly seems that way but then I'm not an app mod and cant see the list completely.

But its not just that.

I've seen certain people deliberately put their apps on last so they end up on the front page, sometime all day before other mods get on to put apps through, therefore gathering loads of exposure, therefore shoving others member s app so far down the list they get very little exposure!

Your suggestion of 'verified crackers' apps not being modded would put a stop to this blatent monopolisation and like wastenotthenwantnot said would also ease the work load for app mods.

Only one problem I see with my suggestion is if for example an unverified cracker uploaded something first, the system would need to put on hold all other submissions for that app until that one is moderated.

• MONGOLO likes this

NtWpjY2.png

#14 Crackalicious

Crackalicious

Crackalicious

• Administrators
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

I do see your point DblD but maybe as there are not that many unverified that use AA, once their post get modded it just goes on live as if it was new in?

#15 NinjaLikesCheez

NinjaLikesCheez

That guy from Hackulous.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

My 2¢: It doesn't make sense to moderate every single application that's being submitted - as AA's submitter base grows so will the work required to maintain the moderation queue, this will eventually become completely unfeasble, however I think the moderate-all system is super effective at building a quality link database when a community first starts out. AppAddict has (probably, I've no idea how many links are submitted each day etc) outgrown a moderate-all system, it might be time to consider how to verify crackers effectively and from there make some decisions. 

I don't think letting all content through unmoderated is the way forward, that is a naive thought process.

• DblD and MONGOLO like this

------------
That guy from Hackulous.
Clutch
Brake
Twitter

#16 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

My 2¢: It doesn't make sense to moderate every single application that's being submitted - as AA's submitter base grows so will the work required to maintain the moderation queue, this will eventually become completely unfeasble, however I think the moderate-all system is super effective at building a quality link database when a community first starts out. AppAddict has (probably, I've no idea how many links are submitted each day etc) outgrown a moderate-all system, it might be time to consider how to verify crackers effectively and from there make some decisions. 

I don't think letting all content through unmoderated is the way forward, that is a naive thought process.

Pretty much agreed.

NtWpjY2.png

#17 MONGOLO

MONGOLO

delete cookies ?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Location///\\\ FreddyLand (comical)

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

simply put -  there are tons of people who want to be appmods ... so the workload isnt much of a problem if new ones are hired.(as i understand it).. BUT I can say that for verified crackers.. apps should automatically go through.... and if they abuse things, well they lose verified status... plus probably a good percentage of submissions are from these crackers...

Only one problem I see with my suggestion is if for example an unverified cracker uploaded something first, the system would need to put on hold all other submissions for that app until that one is moderated.

.... the system could just post the vereified crakers links at the top until the nonverified links get approved - then the non verified ones would go to the top.. i think this is fair as verfied crackers are trusted memebers... under my proposal wastenotthenwantnot , you and ur freinds could become verified crackers.. and also since verifieds would be unmoderated, apps would be pouring in more steadily than big outbursts... and also I think it should be possible to become verified, but not necesarily added to the hall of fame  ...but IMHO "NON-MODERATED APP FLOW" - no. -as freddy would put it.

• AwesomeRob-ICPDA likes this
- ¡Hablo español! - LOL, see this! - Posted Image

#18 kakarot1925

kakarot1925

AppAddict Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Ok I would like to clarify on that point since I can see this applying to some of my own submissions. First of all when your using the word "deliberately" you should be able to prove your accusations of others.

Now here is the reason behind why this might happen for my apps atleast:  When I pop onto AA I tend to start the cracking process on my iDevice (& uploading them) and then i go and clear out the app que & when my own submissions are ready I start to submit them (often times after the que has been cleared), sometimes using the .csv bulk upload feature. (why do I do it like this? So that I can be efficient & get the que cleared up & some updates / cracks submitted while they are being cracked and uploaded). So the thing that might happen, is like you said my apps might be the last ones to get accepted, yes but however there is no real bypassing of the mod que / system here now is there? Its still accepting apps in the exact same order they are submitted in & really idc if mine are on the top or not even, and if someone submits their own links while im still moderating ill accept them as well. Also once im done clearing out the que I usually take a break / go off to do stuff (ofc I have a life & the que can take a while to add up during certain times / shifts in the day) and then come back and accept the new submissions. So really what would you suggest for this? (Realistically a mod cannot sit & hit F5 24/7 and accept apps all the time which leads to submissions being accepted in separate "shifts" in bulk when a mod pops by. Also really it doesnt matter for me atleast if the app is on the top of the page or not, so would you rather I bypassed the que to have my apps accepted first & then accept others' requests in order to push my own to the bottom? My point is that I dont see this as an issue / way of exploiting / bypassing the system, rather just coincidental or how the system works & well like I said there is no (realistic) way to solve that all the time & there would always be some Cracker's links on the top, so does that mean that if say Cracker A's links are the last to be accepted and you submit a link 5 min after the mod cleared the que (is currently taking  a break) and yours is accepted ~1 hour later, that the mod is deliberately trying to demote your apps and promote their own / Cracker A's or is he just trying to make it possible to manage the App Que along with their life?

• MONGOLO and chikipata94 like this
Posted Image

#19 Guest_Freddy_*

Guest_Freddy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

Wow. Much words.

TL;DR.

We have auto-moderation, but it works only with alternate (mass) uploading via CSV file or script. If you will upload one-app-per-time, it will be in any case in moderation queue.

Who want to apply for this (from verified crackers) - PM me.

• MONGOLO likes this

#20 DblD

DblD

Such admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Wow. Much words.

TL;DR.

We have auto-moderation, but it works only with alternate (mass) uploading via CSV file or script. If you will upload one-app-per-time, it will be in any case in moderation queue.

Who want to apply for this (from verified crackers) - PM me.

Add piquick for sure (he usually submits like a lot of pages of apps)

• MONGOLO likes this

NtWpjY2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apps, fairness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users