Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Not sure where to ask.. Help on Cydia app issues

Cydia Errors Help please My grammar is bad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jadenfire

Jadenfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

Note before reading, understand this I don't know grammar and failed to learn it many times, so please remember that.. Well ok then on to my issue:
I don't use cydia as often as I'd like, I have to keep it under wraps my mom is deeply against this stuff though I love it and all the gifts that come with it, like this app ^-^
I learned a easy way to hide the cydia and ifile app by just using the plist I believe it's called and pasting a line in. so I just un hide it when need be..
Though my issue is to the point where I can no longer use cydia in a sense, I'm going to do my best to explain my issue...
When I use the Cydia app and (I believe it's done it with ifile also) install a app or tweak and I go back to my homescreen it's like all the system settings spewed all over my homescreen and adjacent pages.. it's frustrating cause I can not full reboot hold button turn off or hold both buttons till device goes black, cause of our internet issues when I do ether one of those mentioned above I screw up the wifi for everything in the house (it's a normal issue on update 7.0.4 even before jailbroken) (we have limited ip's and mom just fixed it so all is well just can't do full shutdowns... now respring is different that seemed to have no issues but I can not have a toggle in systems settings and that was the only one that worked for my ios... it's hard to explain .. but a app is better cause I can hide and unhide with Ifunbox and it's plist, though every app version of respring that I've attempted fails me... and spews everything onto my device homescreen :(
That was the last time I did that.. lost wifi for little while trying to fix that....
Why does installing things through cydia cause my device to spew out it's guts in a sense ... I'm not sure what to do at this moment all is fine as long as cydia and ifile is not touched used etc but I want to find a fix hope someone here can help me thanks...
There are invisible barriers on everything we own and everyone we know
removing those barriers to access there true form is the tricky part
though when that is done the true form is shown ^-^
chobits114px3.gif
Even the cute innocent ones have a dark side

#2 iChr0niX

iChr0niX

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

Just stumbled in on this one.

This all sounds very weird, for one i don't understand for the life of me how rebooting your iPhone would have any effect on your internet unless you somehow using the iPhone as a router to the whole house which i highly doubt is even possible. 

Also you have given no indication to any of the Cydia apps you have installed so no one is able to help you here without all the information. Also there are many many reasons why you could be getting these issues. The one main reason will be due to iOS 7 JailBreak being relatively new, the developers have not had time to update all their Cydia tweaks and apps to run on iOS 7.

When installing anything from Cydia please make sure it is compatible with your iOS version it is not like the app store you can not just install anything and it will be fine you need to know what you are doing.

Also i think you are a bit confused as you seem to think iFile is part of Cydia or is needed as part of the JailBreak. This is not true Cydia is its own installer and it is standalone. iFile is a file browser for your JailBroken phone they ae two totally different tools and totally unrelated apart from the fact you acquire iFile from Cydia.

Sorry i could not be of more help but you have not provided any real information for me to answer

ichr0nixUserBar.gif

iChr0niX - Twitter

#AppAddictApp

iOS 15 UDiD Registration
iSignCloud - Install Cracked Apps on Non JailBroken Devices with AppAddict

iBetaCloud iOS 15 Downloads macOS 12 Download

Beta iOS 15 & macOS Monterey beta Downloads
The Internets #1 Place For All Your iOS & macOS Beta Needs - We Upload First Before Anywhere - Fact!

#3 MONGOLO

MONGOLO

delete cookies ?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Location///\\\ FreddyLand (comical)

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

lemme ge this straight are you trying to hide cydia? so that the phone wont appear jailbroken, i have had people ask me how to do this, but I had no idea how to do it? maybe sbsettings?

anyhow you should do that semirestore thing? link anyone?? and then maybe it will resolve ur problem.

- ¡Hablo español! - LOL, see this! - Posted Image

#4 seanybiker

seanybiker

Motorbikes, Women and beer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationWaterford, Ireland

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

some of the tweaks on cydia make my phone go apeshit aswell. Power button and the volume up button is safe mode now I think. Why are you editing the plist in cydia? 

I use Winscp on my pc to respring my device when a cydia tweak is acting the fanny. Granted you cant walk around with a pc to respring the phone all the time but its handy enough. 

If you want to hide the cydia logo and thats why you are messing with the plist then I think it would be better off just to change the logo on cydia to something less "jailbreak obvious" . 

aa-ub-animated-premium-1.gif

3694612833.png

#5 Jadenfire

Jadenfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

Well I want to show what happens but I can't unhide the cydia icon! ugh I am a bad learner....
I can't get cydia to show back up on my springboard I went through I funbox fixed the plist by adding a fresh one rebooted and nothing
... i can't get it to reappear .. I changed the cydia app to another name Zipfire with a custom icon then saw that the tweak I used was to noticable so I uninstalled it then hid the cydia and ifile apps through the plists and now I can't unhide them before I can show my issues.i need to unhide cydia please help me!.....
chobits114px3.gif

#6 Sonics

Sonics

AppAddict Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

Happened to me one time when i installed winterboard. I just ended up jailbreaking it again. 

Posted Image

#7 PRAISER

PRAISER

Artist in Residence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

Well I want to show what happens but I can't unhide the cydia icon! ugh I am a bad learner....
I can't get cydia to show back up on my springboard I went through I funbox fixed the plist by adding a fresh one rebooted and nothing
... i can't get it to reappear .. I changed the cydia app to another name Zipfire with a custom icon then saw that the tweak I used was to noticable so I uninstalled it then hid the cydia and ifile apps through the plists and now I can't unhide them before I can show my issues.i need to unhide cydia please help me!.....

ok now it's more logic, the best thing you can do to solve the problem is, get the device to safe mode, but in case if you couldn't do, there is another way if you remember the name of that tweak which hide the cydia icon, all tweaks have a plist (options) in "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/", find that one (it's easy cause those are related to system and apple start with "com.apple." so don't touch those, when you found it just rename it to something else (don't delete it).
Posted Image

#8 Jadenfire

Jadenfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

I didn't add a tweak O.o I saw this forum that said add a certain text line to the files you want hidden .... so I added it ...

<key>SBAppTags</key>
<array>
<string>hidden</string>
</array>

but when I removed it and went on search for the default cydia info.plist I found here :
https://github.com/a....app/Info.plist

and transferred to cydia aka the renamed cydia Zipfire and still is hidden please help..
  • MONGOLO likes this
chobits114px3.gif

#9 Jadenfire

Jadenfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

re jail breaking is a no go I have no wifi on my pc I did all this at a friends house just in case things went screwy or if wifi was needed so retail breaking is out of the question... I don't no what to do or where to get a clean default iOS 7 cydia info.plist so I think I'm stuck ... sad I really thought If I could clear this issue up I could clear the other one too...
chobits114px3.gif

#10 MONGOLO

MONGOLO

delete cookies ?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Location///\\\ FreddyLand (comical)

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

re jail breaking is a no go I have no wifi on my pc I did all this at a friends house just in case things went screwy or if wifi was needed so retail breaking is out of the question... I don't no what to do or where to get a clean default iOS 7 cydia info.plist so I think I'm stuck ... sad I really thought If I could clear this issue up I could clear the other one too...

somebody can probably hook you up wiht a copy from their phone

try semirestore, or just go to a internet cafe or something and use their computer to restore. IDK is it really that hard for you to get internet access?

- ¡Hablo español! - LOL, see this! - Posted Image

#11 Jadenfire

Jadenfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

This may be sad to say but yes we have too many wifi devices I am only able to connect my iPad .. ip issue conflicts and such she just got everything fixed ... I have the iPad cydia but if any one has a plist from cydia oh please would you share ? then I can fully explain my other issue.. and Internet cafe???? O.o I may be sounding weird but um I thought they were extinct well i haven't seen one since I was like 9 or 10 ... O.o mcdonalds has wifi but um not taking my pc out of the house to some wide open public thing O.o... but I thank you for your ideas
  • MONGOLO likes this
chobits114px3.gif

#12 Jadenfire

Jadenfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

Ok I have new info on this issue it's half fixed I am gonna start a new topic I don't no how to close this post any help ?

Edited by MONGOLO, 28 January 2014 - 05:38 AM.
TOPIC LOCKED

chobits114px3.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cydia, Errors, Help please, My grammar is bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users